Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tea Every Day

Today's photo a day in May is "something I do every day".  Every morning I make a pot of tea, usually English Breakfast tea combined from various sources since I haven't found one I absolutely love.  I used to drink Indian Breakfast tea, my favorite, but I am no longer able to buy it.  I always use this teapot, a china one from PortMerion's Botannic Garden collection.  However, I rarely use a cup and saucer (although I have quite a collection), and alternate my choice of mug.  The two here are my most recent favorites.  I like the one that has "Tea" stamped all over it, but the wide mouth allows the tea to cool too quickly (I drink mine with milk, not sugar), so I've gone back to using the smaller one.  The red tin with "Keep Calm and Carry On" has English Breakfast tea in it, also.  (It's kinda weak, so I don't use it very often, but I love the tin.)  Once I've had my first cuppa, I decant the rest into the carafe (the white Palm one in the pic) so that I can enjoy a cup throughout the day.  A couple of years ago, I would drink two or three cups, and then have to toss the rest because I don't like microwaved tea.  Then I remembered I used to decant tea years ago, but had stopped when the last carafe had broken and I couldn't find a suitable replacement.  They seem to be available more today.  I love tea.

May 9

No comments: