Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday evening.  Quite a day.  Started off really, really sick (sick all day yesterday); guess it was the stomach bug going around.  I didn't know one was until I turned the tv on and heard some baseball player telling the interviewer about guys being out of the game the last few days due to a stomach bug.  Wow!

I didn't go to church.  I was up soooo early, but I was sooo sick.  Just couldn't do it.  Then, after I'd just made tea about 1 pm, my niece called and said she wanted to come up and bring my sister (my only one living).  I was so excited until I remembered I had a dinner to attend tonight.  (I really didn't want to go because I was so sick.)  Told my niece about the conflict, but she said she wanted to drive up anyway (1 1/2 hrs away).  Yay!

The visit was wonderful.  My sister rarely leaves her house except to go to the drs, so I was so happy my niece brought her up (her niece, also, not her daughter -- that's another story).  Made my sis coffee and my niece drank my tea, of course!  Gave them English muffins, too.  Love them!

We had a wonderful visit -- too short, though.  It was wonderful to see them both.  My sister looked absolutely beautiful -- her hair is back to its natural medium brown (she always lightened it to blonde) and she looked really great for 77.  My niece looked beautiful, too.  She's lost a lot of weight (well, not really a good thing, she's been having problems for which she is going to have surgery soon).
After they left, my friend, Susan, and I went to our dinner, the Women Transcending Boundaries (WTB) International Dinner.  I really didn't want to go, and wouldn't you know it, I had a wonderful time.  Saw so many wonderful women who were genuinely happy to see me.  Had some great conversations, caught up on the replacement operations (Darryl had both her hips replaced in March and she was quite agile tonight!).  Betsy had her left knee (same one I need replaced) replaced last year and she told me to get mine done!  She's so much happier because of hers.  Really encouraging!  So glad I went for so many reasons.  Not the least of which, the food was asolutely delicious. 

Actually feel so much better tonight.  Thank you, God, for such a wonderful day.  I am so grateful.

No comments: