Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Peace, Bird, Smell Photos

Since I started the "Photo a Day in May" 6 days late, I'm working on adding ones for the days I missed.  Today I'm including a picture of "Peace" (May 1), a bird (May 5) and a smell I adore (May 8).

Here are those three pictures.  The first one is of this glass Peace item a niece gave me a few years ago. It rests on my desktop, reminding me of her and the '60's.  I love her and I love it.

The next one, a bird, posed quite a challenge.  I couldn't find a bird anywhere in my house. Of course, I have lots of pictures of birds I've taken over the years, some in our yard, some at bird sanctuaries, some just out and about in nature. But in keeping with the spirit of a photo a day, I wanted to actually take one. And then I remembered! A friend had given me a little ring holder -- a beautiful little piece with a small bird perched on its top. Now, the interesting thing about this is that my cat, Shadow, the beautiful Chartreux a friend left with me, likes to play with this piece, often knocking it off my dresser! Hmm....does he know that' a bird on top?

Lastly, "a smell I adore".  This was actually extremely easy at first, and then very difficult to narrow to one smell.  I love the smell of cinnamon, coffee, chocolate cookies, and oh, so many others.  But then I knew the one to share -- Heaven Scent.  I love the smell of that perfume.  Unfortunately, it is no longer made, so the bottle you see (in between the Chanel No. 5 and the Arpege, two other favorite smells) is the last one I'll ever own.  I'm still able to squeak out a little to enjoy it on days when I really, really need its special powers -- its smell makes me smile and feel good is the only way I can describe its effects.

Well, a few more pics caught up.  Just three more missed days to go.  Looking forward to taking them, too.  This has turned out to be quite interesting and challenging.  Also, it's getting me back to taking pictures, another joy I let go of after Richard died.  Blessings.



No comments: