Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday Evening Before the Rain

Spent nearly the entire day in bed; felt awful. Took care of business, read, talked to friends and family, and ate. Ate. Not much. Not enough. Energy level still below par, and not sure why, but all signs point to not enough red blood cells and protein.

Computer friend was a no show and computer issues still annoying. So, best to call someone else and accept his wish to end the friendship. He said he didn't want to, but his actions say otherwise.

Talked to sister. She's slowly dying. Hate to "see" it. Hate to watch and let it happen, but that's exactly what we're supposed to do, right? Sad part is, it's a repeat pattern as we age. Starting with the first relative or friend we "watched" die and sat by powerlessly and let whatever happened happen. Is this a layer on our skin we helplessly let cover us as we grow up? Is it something we recognize? Or is it something that enters our subconscious then flits away on gossamer wings before we acknowledge it?

Talked to lovely niece. Worry about her (yeah, worry about everybody but myself, hmmmm....). She's married -- made a commitment and is doing her best to keep it. The guy was a "great" guy before they married, but..... See the same insanity in the relationship between my computer friend and his love. Is it a trend, particularly among those between 38-42 or so? Worse. Why do I care? Because it's easier? When did living become a chore? Why don't I get a life?

Now that's what I'm going to work toward in this blog. Ah, yes, there it is, my purpose in my first post! So, that's it for tonight. I'm off to shoot some pool, yeah, yeah, real pool players don't say that -- but what do they say? I'll take all answers. Oh, and get some chocolate. I'm craving.

Ciao

No comments: