Monday, May 19, 2008

Friendly Fire

Tough day. Friend fought with me, told me he didn't want to talk to me or deal with anymore, and made it clear he was done with me forever. Weird. Would seem childish if it weren't so intense. He's so lost and naive but stubborn and inflexible that he really will stop talking to me. He has already stopped talking to someone he had a relationship with and with whom he was also friends. He thinks in black and white and continually tries to make an analogy about nearly every emotion or event in a conversation which make it impossible to convince him once he's made a decision about you.

Went to see a play, "What the Butler Saw" at the New Times Theatre at the State Fairgrounds. Entertaining and fun. Some great, laugh out loud moments. Cast was quite good, and the storyline and dialogue were snappy yet thought-provoking at times. Laughs were at times predictable, other times, a pleasant surprise. The ending had an unexpected twist that was worth the price of admission because too much of today's movies, tv shows, and literature are predictable, especially the endings.

Couldn't do dinner afterwards because I was too upset the entire time I sat watching the play unfold (called friend from the ladies room at intermission). I needed to deal with him as soon as I could because I was so hurt. Later, didn't go out with girlfriend and her date either to shoot pool as planned because I was drained and exhausted both from the late night last night and the pain and sorrow from losing my friend.

Tomorrow is a new day and I promise I will face it optimistically. He's finally making me accept what he's said all along, he doesn't care about me. Thank God I have a couple of meetings and then book club and historical society meeting and the Symphony all at 7 pm! Told gf I wasn't going to the Symphony after all, now just need to decide on book club or historical society mtg (the former the front runner bec of travel distance and work not done).

I will survive and thrive.

No comments: