Monday, June 11, 2012

Catching Up (a little) on Photos in May - May 15-18

Well, I let the stomach isses (colitis from an antibiotic) get me down.  Or, rather, I just didn't have the energy to keep it from wearing me out.  Sigh.  So, have a few days of photos to post.  (Still have some to take.)  I've really enjoyed thinking about what pictures to take to represent the suggestion, and especially enjoyed figuring out how to take said picture.  Here are a few more:
May 15 - Nero, Something I Love

May 16 - What I'm Reading
May 15 - Nero, my American shorthair black cat (named after a favorite character, Nero Wolfe, of Rex Stout's). He's resting after coming home from the vet where he'd had an abscess on his elbow drained and removed. He fights with my other male cat, Shadow, and sometimes he gets hurt. Boo hoo. Shadow was left with me and I cannot find him a home, but poor Nero doesn't care. He wants his home all for himself.

May 16 - My drs told me my bad cholesterol level is too high and my blood sugar is no longer acceptable borderline. They're giving me a few months (a year?) to get the numbers under control or it's cholesterol-lowering and insulin pills for me. Sigh. I really don't want to take either!


May 17 - Snack (Lemon Cream Bars)

May 17 - My treats, lemon cream bars.  Add to my cholesterol/blood sugar issues?
May 18 - Something I Embroidered


May 18 - Loved this saying when I first saw it and finally took the plunge and embroidered.  I completely understand why the woman at whose home I saw this remarked when I commented on it, "It was a bitch to do and I'll never embroider again!"  It was a bear, but I learned much about embroidering cursive and doing such freehand work, and still I want to embroider more sayings.  Oh, forgot to mention, my brothers (who live in Lexington, KY, so I don't get to see very often) always say how much I look like Mom when they first see me (yay!).


No comments: