Sunday, December 7, 2014

Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis Research - November 17, 2013

Yay!  Worked the booth at this year's Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis Research held at the OCC SRC Arena here in the Syracuse, NY area.  Great turnout.  Nearly 1,600 people ran or walked and many of them helped the cause also by signing petitions for more research into arthritis care and cure and for legislation to provide financial aid to people who elect to become pediatric arthritis-care doctors.  In our area, there are only two physicians who treat pediatric arthritis, and not too long ago, there was only one!  

I was very impressed with the runners/walkers.  On the whole, they were wonderfully pleasant, open to listen to our requests for signatures, and very upbeat.  Many themselves also have this debilitating disease, so they inspired me also.  More than anything, I wanted to be able to run/walk with them, so I was glad I at least had the opportunity to meet so many.







No comments: