Monday, December 14, 2009

Strange Mail

Today I received in the mail (snail) two largish (a little bigger than 5x7")cards inside an envelope. No note; no return address; and the postage stamp illegible. The envelope was addressed to me at a rather funny version of my street name, a cutesy trick this one guy I sort of dated (I'll explain on another post) used to do often when he wrote me or sent me things, both things he did often. So, I kind of think I "know" who sent them to me, but of course, I don't.

Now, here's the rub. Why would anyone (a guy?????) mail me two cards -- one with the picture of a couple cute dogs and one of a couple horses. I have a dog (had two, but my beloved female dog died a while back), and I love horses, even have a brother who raises and races thoroughbreds.

And, last week I received a v nice Cmas card from a "Chris". Now I personally know at least 3 Chrises, and am slightly acquainted with 2 others. The person, like the one today, did not give a last name or put a return address on the envelope. And --- he (again, I presume it's a guy, but can't explain to you, dear reader, why) wrote an abbreviated version of my name, not my full first name. That speaks of a casual friend or acquaintenance because my friends know I prefer the full form of my first name.

Well, that's it for now. I'm still mulling over these to items, and wonder if I'll ever know from whence they came.

'ta

No comments: